Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Beginning

Greetings friends! I am so happy and excited to be part of the AFS community. I have been blessed in my life to travel quite a bit, and have developed a deep passion for meeting new people, listening to their stories, and learning about their culture. I have always known that traveling, and cultural understanding would have to be a part of my life. AFS is going to allow me the opportunity to continue with my passion, but also allow me to do something I have always dreamed about; living fully immersed in country where I can absorb the culture, people, and history for a long period of time. I think that for someone to understand daily life somewhere foreign, they must engage in daily activities; participating in school, joining a club, visiting museums, attending church, buying groceries. This is all part of the experience, and I can hardly contain my excitement for when I will be doing this in Spain. In closing I would like to thank you for reading my blog and for your support, whether it be financial or through your ongoing encouragement. I hope you check back sometime once I have left for my adventuresome journey in September. ¡Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment